Tuesday 2 July 2013

If its not like the movies, thats how it should be

Im forever wishing that i could live my teenage life in another era!!!
This post is inspired by all my favourite 80s' and 90's films and TV shows;
Prince Of Bel Air
Clueless
Powerpuff Girls
Grease
Dirty Dancing 

Here are my favourite looks which have been modernised into the world of fashion we now live in!
I loved the whole Philadelphia ghetto vibe that Will Smith brought to the show. Here are my favourite items Bel Air - Esque. A mix of leather, stonewash denim, hipster dungarees and printed slogan tees.

1.Asos Dungarees £38
2. The Ragged Priest Mother Trucker Snapback Cap £35
3. Nike Red Blazers £69.99
4. ASOS RECLAIMED VINTAGE Dungaree Dress in Stripe £45
5. Dope Bodysuit Missguided £14.99
6. WHITE RIHANNA TIED SHIRT DENIM SHORTS RIVER ISLAND £50
7.Lion Head chunky Chain Link Necklace £5.99 Ebay
8. Sunshine JuJu Jellies £25.00
9.Asos Creole Triangle Hoops
10.Vision Streetwear Tee £30


Clueless is my guilty pleasure. I know that it is as cheesy as a pack of wotsits but thats why i love it! I love the scenery and the clothes! And how old and weird it seems to me now, the oversized films and the editing of the whole film is too cute. A mix of checks, prints and pinks!


1. Motel Eddie Dungaree Jumpsuit In Daisy Print £60.00
2. Topshop Spot Tunic £18.00
3. Glamorous Tartan Dress £25.00
4. Topshop Stamp Blazer £65.00
5. Wildfox Jumper £70.89
6. Missguided Daisy Skirt £24.99
7. Topshop Gingham Floral Body £10.00
8.Cream JuJu Jellies £25.00
9. Chelsea Collection Cambridge Satchel 115.00


I always wanted to be the red one! I remember acting out with my friends in infant school and we'd bicker over who was the 'coolest' So i have modernised the whole look and found mature girly dresses which portray each of the Puff Girls looks as we've grown up with them. A mix of superhero colours and designs.


1. ASOS Ribbed Full Skater Dress £28.00
2. Motel Catalina Dress £38.00
3. ASOS Swing cami Dress £18.00
4. ASOS Bodycon Polo Cold Shoulder Dress £14.00
5. AQ AQ Yoko Maxi Dress with Thigh Split £80.00
 6. ASOS Sheer Panel Midi Dress £25.00



Dont even get me started on Grease. I used to do Rock 'N' Roll dancing and i absolutley loved it. This is my favourite 70's inspired film. I love the dancing, the singing and the fashion. This film also holds a special place in my heart as i played Frenchy at a school play. Rocking the pink wig - BACKWARDS.
1.The Ragged Priest Leather Jacket with PVC Sleeves £105.00
2.ASOS Glitter Cat Eye Sunglasses £12.00
3.Glamorous Skater Skirt In High Shine PVC £18.o0
4. Jeffrey Campbells Red Spike £60.00
5. Topshop Heart Dress £42.00
6.Motel Sav Cold Shoulder Dress in Black £40.00


My Mum introduced me to this film, (Shoutout to Tracey) and thanks to her it is my favourite chick flick. I loved her innocent and naive character and the love story between her  Swayze. That lift, Carrying Watermelons and Dirty Dancing. If you havent watched this you should be ashamed. Baby loved her denim and dungarees and plimsoles which i have inspired in my Mood board of Baby inspired looks.


1. Superga Flatform Plimsolls £50.00
2. ASOS Crop Top with Thin Straps £6.00
3. The WhitePepper Denim Dungarees in Blue Wash £45.50
4. Ted Baker Skater Dress with Capped Sleeves £129.00
5. American Apparel Watermelon Tricot Triangle Bikini £42.00
6. Oasis Shirt In Western Check £25.00

Hope you enjoyed reading! 
Amelia xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment